Where can I get reliable guide on rooting my wifi xoom?

A

AC Question

Most of the guides I have followed leave you bereft of important settings, such as, what files to download, where to place the files ie:pC or SD, & how to set the xoom & initial start process.
I suspect that the reason for this is because they know how to and therefore miss the tiny but important details out.
So far I have collected the img for Android 5.0.1 ( marshmallow} & my specific quest. Also TWRP Bigpart 2.6.3.0 Google gapps and as far as I can uderstand placed all of these on my SD card.
My current Android version is 4.0.4 But the Apps I want to use need higher & marshmallow would be just right!
Confusion comes from other guides as to how you start, with system booted you can have USB communication with USB debugging on.
If however you you shut down & open recovery options,USB connection drops out. Othr guides tell me that I must unlock bootloading before any attempt is made to go further. All attempts to do this have failed.
Despite much flirting with the invisible bricking the stock image has survived, but I must add more by luck than judgement. Anybody out there who is a genuine expert with dummy credentials?
Double dummy.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci