Creating Offline Dictionary App

A

AC Question

Hi. I would like to start everything from scratch. Still haven't downloaded the Android Studio, too. This will be my first app. I'm exploring on what can I do for now, preferably about the database.

I just want to know, in what form should I compose my database? Can I do it first before the codes? Is there a recommended format and arrangement for easier entry management?

Basic content: I will have around 20,000 word entries and their meanings (multiple meanings usually). I will add text-to-speech feature in the future when the app seems to be good for further developments.

Please guide me on this. Thanks in advance!

jasonandrews25788

Aug 10, 2016
Visit site
well, about the database section I can help you with this stackoverflow question and the answers are good:
How do I structure a Cross Referenceble Multi Language Dictionary Database? - Stack Overflow
but with the programming/developing part I strongly recommend to study the courses of udacity offered by google if you're still newbie & have not coded any android app.
here is the link showing the curriculum:
https://github.com/Enteleform/-RES-...iculum.md#how-do-the-nanodegree-programs-work
just take the first 5 courses to get familiar with android framework.
good luck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac