screen or internals?

A

AC Question

galaxy s5, android 6, new 11/2014, bought refurbed 12/2016, all of a sudden lower left corner has splotch, jagged edges, lines, etc, looked kinda like ink was spilled on the screen, then the splotch.lines,dots etc grew across the rest of the screen, phone is now toast. samsung will fix for 70.00 plus send in postage, if its the touch digitizer I can buy on ebay for about 25.00 and replace, I have replaced cracked screen glass before so I feel confident I can replace the digitizer, just not sure right now if thats the problem or is some other internal thing having to do with processor, etc
any way to tell what might be the problem? I have pics but don't see any way to submit them with this post
i have a link to tinypic with pic of what screen looks like if I can some how include that

bbxrider

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
screen.error.JPG

ok thanks, finally on this reply is a menu to attach a pic
is that there on the original post that somehow I missed?
anyway here's what appeared first and then it spread like a disease and finally engulfed the entire screen

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I agree with Tim1954, that looks like a faulty LCD. Replacing just the glass won't help -- I think the whole screen assembly needs to be replaced.

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
Firstly, welcome to AndroidCentral bbxrider! :D great to have you here with us.

So as the above comment has said, The screen glass is fine, the digitizer is fine, unfortunately the actual screen and the pixels on there are slowly 'dying'. It will most likely continue to spread across the whole screen unfortunately.

Best advice would be to replace the whole screen assembly. You might be able to complete that task yourself if you can find replacement parts online and have the right screw drivers and pry tools.

I'm not very good with things like that so I always send my device in to be repaired. Hopefully you get your lovely device working soon! :D

Let us know if it gets fixed.

A droid a day keeps the Apple away

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084