How do I uninstall update when I don't have that option??

Airwreck

Jan 10, 2017
Visit site
Ok here is the deal .. I started Google play today needed to Ahem Update omething that was NOT broken.. and THis is the answer I got from google play .. This version is not compatibale with your device..uninstall updated to fix this issue.. .. So there I went to setting Apps and NO where is there anyway to uninstall updates..
I have DnLd the 5.10 versios of Google play and it will NOT install.. on a Normal computer system I would just blow out the DIR and reinstall the older version... but I suspect it would Crash this system..Any Ideas???
Images to follow .. well I thought I would add images.. but .. for some reason that option is not there I will STILL try to add these images..

Airwreck

Jan 10, 2017
Visit site
I'm sorry I owe an apology I have had a VERY frustrating weekend Termites distroyed a bunch of Photo equipt and books in storage and this just pushed me over the top.. :-(
IT said for me to update Googel Play store.. I will try to add the screen shots again.. but for the life of me I do not know why they were not attached.. after I uploaded them and Closed the window all I ever got was a blank screen..

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-02-20-20-52-38.png
    Screenshot_2017-02-20-20-52-38.png
    202.7 KB · Views: 10
  • Screenshot_2017-02-20-20-51-54.png
    Screenshot_2017-02-20-20-51-54.png
    246.8 KB · Views: 8
  • Screenshot_2017-02-20-20-51-34.png
    Screenshot_2017-02-20-20-51-34.png
    82 KB · Views: 8

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Remind me again -- which device do you have? If that's your Settings>Apps menu, it's very unusual.

I'm not quite sure what that message is referring to. When it says "This version of the app isn't compatible," do you know if it's referring to an app you're trying to run, or is it referring to the actual Play Store app itself? If I'm reading the message correctly, it sounds like some app you're trying to run isn't compatible with your device, and it's suggesting that you downgrade the Play Store app such that a compatible version of that app will become available in the Play Store. But I've never heard of that happening -- if an app is incompatible with a device, it shouldn't matter what version of the Play Store app you have.

Airwreck

Jan 10, 2017
Visit site
this an android TV box..
This is dealing with Google Play it what is saying is incompatiable..
this is just one more reason why I believe that this android system is a joke and a hunk of junk.
I just had to buy a new phone and I am seeing that it is ALSO a hunk of junk .. The biggest issue I see is that thre is NO Standard.. If I understand correctly Android system is based on Linux. If that is true then I am so glad I never got into aLinux I had my doubts before ..it seems now to be confirmed.
In the 40 yrs of working with this computer shyte.. if there was something unusual or weird it would find me.. Computer tech is nothing but a nightmare..its why I won't buy a new car ,or upgrade my computer, buy a new audio system, etc..
I think what is being expressed here is that I am going to have to do a factory reset.. and all I wanted to do was upgrade Skype. but You can't do that unless you go thru google play (Big Brother)..SIGH..
Gads that just digusts me..
As to the strange setting area what you are seeing is what is called 3rd world dumping.. manufactures, business etal have something that si not to par they dump it on the 3rd world to make sure thay make a profit from it and we have to deal with it.. SIGH.
I just so happy that my time card has only 10 yres left before I get punched out.. knowing my luck I will get punished and get an extra 5 or 6 years.. GRIN
Thanks........

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Well, sorry you're having to deal with this. My suspicion is that it has to do with the fact that you have an Android TV box, which (unless you have an NVIDIA Shield) is likely one of those direct-from-China devices, where quality and support are always suspect. I always kind of grind my teeth when I encounter questions about Android TV boxes, since so many issues tend to come up with them, and it's difficult to find any good answers (since the manufacturers provide little or no support).

Airwreck

Jan 10, 2017
Visit site
After thinking about it.. A factory reset will not work.. this is because unless you know a way the Google Play will just auto update again and I will be back in the same boat..

I guess this is myt point.. an OS should be an OS not some mickey mouse OS that has no standard and has no work around .. the Idea that a system is either rooted r not make whether you can do some is just down right nuts..To me this is NOT a hardware problem it is TOTALLY Software.. and as as such the end user should be able to do anything they want.. not dependant of what hardware is used..
Yes it is silly that there si no support for these device.. BUT it appears that this lack of standard does not only apply to TV boxes.. but to Phones also.. The new phone I bought does not have in setting the Developer option that my old on had..so I can not turn off animation to increase its proforance..I do not blame the Hardware manufacture but I blame Google due to thay are the folks I believe who created this Android OS.. they are the Yahoos to blame They wanted a fast buck and damn the torpedos full speed ahead and give no consideration to the end user.. they are just happy on the way to the bank..Lets just exploit as many people as we can .. so we can make the all might dollar and bury ourself in disposable phones..
So it appears like all the problems I have discoverd with this Android system I just live with..
GEESH
This is just forcing me to get my PC running again.. even thought I have more important things that need to be address..
As always thanks

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech