Icon text disappeared in launcher3

cjsab504

Jan 10, 2017
Visit site
I'm not sure. It's the factory preset launcher, and appears simply as "Launcher3" in Settings/Home.
The phone is a Coolpad Catalyst, Model number 3622a according to Settings/About phone, Android version 5.1.1.
Since my original post, I've done two factory resets. The first one cured the icon text issue, and I restored my apps and data/settings from a recent Google backup. All was well, then suddenly my screen went black, except for the status bar. No home screen, no icons at all, let alone text. I was forced to do another reset, this time via the firmware's built-in menu (thank God I had learned how to access this from the online research/self-tutoring I've been doing since purchasing this phone; I'm basically a rank newbie when it comes to smartphones, this being the very first I've ever owned).
The second reset and restore went much quicker than the first, being already familiar with (and far less apprehensive of) the procedure this time.
So far, it looks like everything's back in shape. The phone is now running good as new, perhaps even better, as it's already rooted.
No earthly idea as to the cause of either of the problems that led to my having to take such drastic action not once, but twice within the space of a few days, but all is well now, and I'm looking at this in retrospect as a valuable learning opportunity and experience which actually bolstered my confidence, both as an Android user and administrator. Should the need ever arise again, I'll be able to approach it with far less fear and trepidation than the first time.
Thanks for showing an interest in helping, though. Much appreciated!
--
Conrad J. Sabatier

[email removed by Moderator....it's best not to publish them in the forums. :)]

Last edited by a moderator: