I am elderly, and have found that I cannot maintain my enrollment in Google. I would like to remove the entire (app?) which is so confusing to me. I cannot use it! Every stroke I make seems to plunge me into a larger confusion.
    I am so sorry!
    Anna Baca
    [email removed by moderator]
    02-24-2017 04:23 PM
    May be best to take it to a phone shop so some bright youngster can go through it all with you. It's a bit complicated to explain here...
    Guytronic likes this.
    02-24-2017 10:14 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Are you saying that you just want to remove your Google account from your phone, or do you want to delete your entire Google account from the web?

To remove your Google account from your phone, do the following:

1. Tap the App Drawer icon on the bottom row, which looks like a grid of dots.
    2. In the App Drawer, look for and tap the Settings icon.
    3. Scroll until you find Accounts and tap it.
    4. Tap Google, then tap the menu button at the upper right (which will probably look like 3 dots in a vertical column).
    5. Tap Remove Account.

If you want to delete your entire Google account from the web, see this link: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/32046?hl=en
    sfoLAX likes this.
    02-25-2017 02:37 AM
    Great advice from the above posters. However, you should know that if you want to delete your Google account as a whole you will have trouble continuing to use your Android phone. App installs and updates require a Google account to link to the Play Store.
    sfoLAX, B. Diddy and Tim1954 like this.
    02-25-2017 06:47 AM
    I am sure you are far cleverer / um more cleverest than many of us.

No one said Google settings and options are logically laid out, and it's a bugbear of mine.

Many here have used Android phones for years, so don't think twice about how to find the basic controls, but I bet many have not seen or looked at every option.

There are things you can do to slim down the Google experience and just use the phone. That's what many come here to do, and people here like to help.
    Are there notifications and questions from Google that annoy you, they are fixable. I wouldn't worry about any privacy issues, Google are up front in why they use data, and you can remove or change your name or where it appears, and change or disable Google + (the social media part of Google) and many apps that you and I don't use.
    Newsstand, People, Books, Google + and other apps can be stopped from syncing regularly to Google or disabled.

As Hallux said, having a basic account that only you know about is needed to use apps and run the Android system.

Also B. Diddy forgot about the step where you go to Accounts - Google - THEN press on your account name/address to open the Sync page where you will see the 3 dot menu to find Remove Account.

Before you do that though have a look at what you can turn off in the Sync settings.
    You can also disable many built in apps by going to Settings - Apps and open each one.

Seek advice here though and pretty soon we will be asking you to advise others!

You can pair down the Google experience. They are just trying to add more features by default to include you more in the, often useful, information and experiences.

Once you understand how the basic options can be accessed it will seem simple.

Please try to register any username with any email address for Accounts and you can respond or join in other questions or topics.
    B. Diddy and Tim1954 like this.
    02-25-2017 07:43 AM