New update broke my phone?

A

AC Question

I got a notification today saying a new update was out for my Galaxy S7. I installed the update like normal and now I am barely able to use the phone. It constantly pops up with an error message "com.sec.epdg has stopped." and gives an option to close the app. I click close, it pops up a few seconds later. If I try to navigate to settings, I get a screen that says Settings at the top and just a white screen until it crashes. The phone randomly restarts if I try to keep opening the settings menu. I tried wiping the cache partition, that did nothing. Then did a factory reset. The error still appears. The phone worked perfectly fine before this update. I have not rooted the phone. It's a galaxy s7 edge. Any help is appreciated.

InfestYourMind

Feb 25, 2017
Visit site
I posted the question and had to register to write a reply... I solved the problem by performing another factory reset but not restoring any back ups. Problem has not occurred yet and I am able to access the settings menu. Not sure what was causing the problem. Hopefully this helps anyone else that might run in to the same problem.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I meant this one:

I posted the question and had to register to write a reply... I solved the problem by performing another factory reset but not restoring any back ups. Problem has not occurred yet and I am able to access the settings menu. Not sure what was causing the problem. Hopefully this helps anyone else that might run in to the same problem.

Granted, it's a somewhat drastic solution (factory reset), but so far it seems to have worked for the OP.

InfestYourMind

Feb 25, 2017
Visit site
3 days so far and the error has not returned. Solution worked for me but it was pretty annoying having to set up my phone again. Factory reset the phone and don't restore anything. You could try deleting apps one by one in safe mode, testing your phone after each app is deleted. But I don't know what actually caused the problem.

idrocky

Feb 3, 2018
Visit site
I have this problem with my Note 8. When I put sim card the phone show "com.sec.epdg has stopped" and the phone not work, anything. When i take out mu sim card the phone works normally. I try to "hard reset" and "soft reset" but the problem persists. :(

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie