I've looked all over and I cannot accept that my s7 can't send videos that people can actually see. I don't want technical data. I don't care about cloud services. Why does my wife send me a text video that looks good and when I send her a video it's awful?
    02-25-2017 10:51 AM
    I've looked all over and I cannot accept that my s7 can't send videos that people can actually see. I don't want technical data. I don't care about cloud services. Why does my wife send me a text video that looks good and when I send her a video it's awful?
    The solution is to not use MMS for videos.

I'd get into the technical reasons but you don't want to hear it.

Email?
    Allo?
    WhatsApp?
    Facebook Messenger?
    hallux and Laura Knotek like this.
    02-25-2017 10:58 AM
    Does anyone find that unacceptable? I have whatsapp and that's fine for sending between people i know. My mom is not savy, to say the least. She's lucky to be texting and that's as far as I can get with her. So long story short there is no way to send a text video with good resolution... seems like someone should be working on that..
    02-25-2017 03:59 PM
    The MMS protocol only allows for a certain size media to be sent. Due to that it's not so easy to just magically get a better resolution on media sent over that protocol.
    02-25-2017 04:33 PM
    Sending large files through any messaging system tends to be rude.
    If SMS is the messaging system you want to use, upload your video to a file sharing site like Dropbox.com or Google Drive, then send the URL of the video in your message.
    02-25-2017 04:42 PM
    Does anyone find that unacceptable? I have whatsapp and that's fine for sending between people i know. My mom is not savy, to say the least. She's lucky to be texting and that's as far as I can get with her. So long story short there is no way to send a text video with good resolution... seems like someone should be working on that..
    Knowing what I know about MMS, yes. It's perfectly acceptable.

This won't get better until RCS is mainstream.
    02-25-2017 04:47 PM