Why is my Mediacom smartpad turning off when I try to open certain apps? TT

Minche bar

Feb 26, 2017
Visit site
Some of the apps(fb, fb messenger,instagram etc.) work normaly, and so did others untill I updated them.I have recently updated SNOW app, and now my smartpad turns off as soon as I start up that app.I uninstalled and reinstalled it but nothing has changed.Before that update, SNOW worked perfectly normal.Same thing happend with Hello Talk app.Now I am afraid that same thing will happen if I update any other app.
Does this mean that my smartpad is too old or what?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Chances are that something with those updates is causing instability with the system. How old is the device? What version of Android is it running?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
KitKat is old, but not ancient. The issue could be due to some apps conflicting with others, but it could also be related to glitchy firmware or hardware from the manufacturer. It can be hard to troubleshoot this kind of thing -- it would involve uninstalling apps one at a time to see if the problem goes away.

If it ultimately has to do with the firmware or hardware, then there's probably nothing you can do, since I suspect support from the manufacturer will be minimal, if any.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power