I can't receive messages from iPhones? Why?

A

AC Question

Iphones can receive messages from me but I can't receive messages from them.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If you used to have an iPhone, you may still be set (on their system) to be receiving iMessages, which are not SMS messages, which is what everyone but Apple uses. Have your iPhone friends check the SMS box at least once when sending you a message (which should tell their phones to always send your number an SMS). Also if you were in an iPhone, ask at an Apple store if they can help get you removed from iMessage (you can only do it with an Apple product).

Nigel Holderby

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Actually, you don't have to have an i-product anymore to deregister from iMessage. However, this method doesn't always fix the issue. You can go to this link at apple in order to deregister from iMessage if you came from an iPhone.

Like I said, though, that may not be the only issue. Each group message you're currently in will need to be deleted by anybody who has an iPhone and start a new message. That doesn't always make it work perfectly, either. The other thing I've seen mentioned is to have each and every person whom you're a contact for go into their contacts app on their iPhones and change your number from "iPhone" to "mobile" or some other tag/label.

I still don't get all my group messages, so I don't think there's one "magic bullet" to fix this stupid issue.