How can I adjust volume when I can't see what app is playing mp3 file?

joe cheng1

Mar 1, 2017
Visit site
i m using samsung s7 edge, accident open mp3 file in office, i try to find a way to stop it but i don't see any player task running, the music seems to annoying to college, for this reason i was fired.

I want to know how to stop hidden running apps.
Thank you

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
re:

Welcome to the forums.

That's unfortunate about your job. As for the question at hand - I would say step one, rather than fumbling trying to kill the app would be to just turn the volume down. Also, upon opening the file you should have had SOME kind of interface that would allow you to pause the audio, I can't imagine it played entirely in the background. What app did you use to locate and select the file to play?

Some audio players put a persistent item in the notification shade that has playback controls for the media that is playing, that would be the next place I'd look.

Finally - to stop an app from running in the background, go into settings, application manager and find the app you think is playing. Tap it, then tap the force stop button, this should stop the app from running in the background.

I'm going to ask our mod team to move this post, this is more of a general question than an "Ask Daniel" question...

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
re:

Sorry for being fired. The thread has been moved to aaq.

The other thing you can do is to long press the power button and volume down simultaneously for ten seconds to force a restart.

ChetManley762

Nov 13, 2015
Visit site
re:

i m using samsung s7 edge, accident open mp3 file in office, i try to find a way to stop it but i don't see any player task running, the music seems to annoying to college, for this reason i was fired.

Thank you

Not to be a ****, but you were probably on your way out anyway. Most places of employment don't fire you for something so minor unless they're looking for an excuse to get rid of you.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
It's possible that whatever app you were in was able to natively play the file.

Your complaint may not be with Android as a whole but with the Samsung implementation of it. Consider that Samsung HEAVILY modifies the OS before deploying it to your device.

Mr Mendelli

Dec 19, 2016
Visit site

Thank you
So, I know I'm a bit late to the party, but I just finished my guide on advanced volume issues here. Hope things work out for you...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alastair