Can't reconnect to my mobile hotspot

A

AC Question

While connected to my mobile hotspot on my tablet, that unsecure wifi message popped up and asked if I wanted to disconnect and remember my choice and I accidentally clicked yes. Now I cannot reestablish the connection to my mobilevhotspot. I reset app preferences and restarted my tablet and still unable to connect. Please help.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! On your phone, go to Settings>Wi-fi, look for the Saved Networks menu, and then choose that hotspot and forget it. Now try connecting again.

mgalvez1029

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
Hi. Thank you. I tried that and it did not work. I called T-mobile and they helped to trouble shoot. Nothing helped. That is until I tried to connect and older phone that I had tucked away. I was able to identify the source of the unsecured wifi pop up window that kept me from reconnecting due to remembered settings. It was my mcafee.

In case anyone else comes accross this issue; I opened the mcafee app on my tablet and went into the wifi security and turned off the security. Went back to connect the tablet to my hotspot and it connected and stayed connected. I went back to the mcafee app and turn the wifi security back on.

Thanks, hope this helps some other poor soul that didn't pay attention to the check mark in remember this action....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12