Can I turn voice recognition off completely?

A

AC Question

I have turned off "OK Google" function on my phone. I play music through my headphone jack on my phone while at my desk. It seems like this only happens when the headphone jack is plugged in, but the voice recognition that came up when I said "OK Google" comes up randomly. If I try to type a text, or go into any another app, that screen comes up sometimes wanting me to tell my phone what I need, or want or whatever. Sometime while it just sits there. Sometimes the volume goes way up, or way down while the device is just sitting on my desk.

Is it possible to disable this function completely?

kieseyhow

May 22, 2016
Visit site
I have turned off "OK Google" function on my phone. I play music through my headphone jack on my phone while at my desk. It seems like this only happens when the headphone jack is plugged in, but the voice recognition that came up when I said "OK Google" comes up randomly. If I try to type a text, or go into any another app, that screen comes up sometimes wanting me to tell my phone what I need, or want or whatever. Sometime while it just sits there. Sometimes the volume goes way up, or way down while the device is just sitting on my desk.

Is it possible to disable this function completely?
I used the Android Developer options, and ADB to disable all the modules associated with voice control to solve this problem on my tablet. Some Google searches should give you step-by-step instructions, and more details for this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davisongeorge