Can i do anything for my phone that is bulging out and barely charging

A

AC Question

My galaxy s6 is bulging out on the left side of the device on the front and back. I assume it is the battery. It is not charging very well anymore, the charger continuously connects and disconnects is there anything I can do for a replacement

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Sounds like the battery is swelling. This is a VERY bad thing and should be addressed sooner rather than later. The S6 has a sealed battery? Might be best to get the phone replaced. At this point, the casing is possibly warped and any battery that is put in runs the risk of being damaged by the damaged casing.

An exploding Li-Po, Li-ION battery is no joke, and if it continues to expand you'll have a big problem on your hands. In my training for Apple service, battery safety with this type of battery is a BIG deal. Swelling batteries need to be handled carefully and use/charging of a swelling battery should be disconinuted immediately.

https://www.howtogeek.com/244846/what-to-do-when-your-phone-or-laptop-has-a-swollen-battery/

smvim

May 16, 2014
Visit site
You really need to get this problem solved sooner rather than later. It's not something that will eventually 'fix' itself, it will only become a more serious issue. Take it to a trusted phone repair center and get that battery replaced before things get worse -- the battery could just fail and you'll need to have it replaced anyway, or it might continue swelling to the point it damages other components in your phone completely, or it could burst and leak its contents also damaging your phone completely. If you're more adept are fixing things, the S6 battery is not a consumer replaceable one but you can do it with the proper tools. Unfortunately Samsung opted to use a lot of glue and adhesives instead of just mechanical fasteners so that does add to the process. This step-by-step guide from ifixit if you want to do it yourself:
https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Samsung+Galaxy+S6+Battery+Replacement/44648

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hisoka_Ryuzaki