cant call just on specific contact. Can whatsapp and text it just not call it

A

AC Question

Samsung S4 mini.
I have one specific contact that I can not call, a business partner of mine. Lets call him R.
I can text or whatsapp R and can receive replies.
R is also able to call me. I just can't place a call to him. It just doesn't ring through.
I have checked if there are any blocks on hes number but have found nothing.
Help please. Its beyond frustrating.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Is the phone number saved to his contact correct? If you dial that number manually, does it still not go through?

Jean Hrize

Oct 2, 2018
Visit site
I can't make a call to the number but can text.... Just get busy signal when calling. Not blocked, deleted ALL texts, phone #s , emails any contacts, turned off phone, took out battery, took out Sim chip, replaced all, restarted.... Same problem

Jean Hrize

Oct 2, 2018
Visit site
Also, husband has same phone, different carrier.... He can call the number from his phone. AT&T says it's Sprint, Sprint says it's AT&T...... Samsung had no idea.... I NEED to be able to call my sister please help

cjc1997

Feb 6, 2019
Visit site
I had the same issue with my Samsung S8. I did everything - called my carrier, called Samsung, tried safe mode etc. I found a solution for my phone. In "settings" I went to "connections" and went to "mobile networks." In mobile networks I found "VoLTE calls" and it was enabled. I disabled it and found I could make the call to the other number. I then enabled it and could still make the call so perhaps there was some glitch related to the VoLTE calls and toggling it on and off worked to fix it.

If you have the same set up, try it and see if that might be the issue for you too.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000