App notifications shortcut

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Any way within Nova launcher to create a shortcut to Notifications in android settings?
Welcome to the forums. What notifications? With Nova you can create a widget (or set a gesture with Nova Prime) to expand the notification/status bar or access the notification log. The first one can be found under Nova Actions (expand notifications) and the log is in the 'settings' widget.

Edit. What phone do you have? Depending on your model you could need some extra steps to access the notification log.

mom2busyboys

May 5, 2015
Visit site
I am trying to access my notifications log (on Galaxy S7 Active running Android 6.0.1. I can find the Nova Actions--Expand Notifications and can add that to my home screen but that just expands the notifications. I cannot find any "settings" widget. Can you be more specific about where I can find this?

I have made myself a "developer" following some other steps I found online, but cannot find a settings widget, with Nova on or off!

Thank you

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I am trying to access my notifications log (on Galaxy S7 Active running Android 6.0.1. I can find the Nova Actions--Expand Notifications and can add that to my home screen but that just expands the notifications. I cannot find any "settings" widget. Can you be more specific about where I can find this?

I have made myself a "developer" following some other steps I found online, but cannot find a settings widget, with Nova on or off!

Thank you
I think the notification log is not available on Samsung devices under Nova Actions. Try this from Nova. Long press your home screen - widgets - drag the Nova Activities icon to your screen - scroll down that list until you find 'Settings' - tap on it - scroll down until you find Notification log and select. Tell us how it goes.

mom2busyboys

May 5, 2015
Visit site
"settings" is not an option.

The options I have under the Nova Action menu:
app drawer
expand notifications
expand quick settings
recent apps
screen lock
app search
google now
search
voice search
toggle notificaitons bar
toggle dock
default page
jump to page
show previews
nova settings

I've been at this too long, following all steps I find online. I am beginning to think that the settings widget/notifications log is not available for the samsung anymore!

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Ah, I found it.
Unfortunately the Notifications Log only tells me what app sent me the notification, not what it said.

Thank you for your help!!
Yeah, that's the way the notification log works. It's useful if you dismised any notification and forgot what it was, but you need to open the specific app to see the content.

mom2busyboys

May 5, 2015
Visit site
I guess that's why I'm confused. I got a notification that a book I ordered on Amazon was sold out, but I didn't order that book. When I touched the notification I got the amazon app but it took me to my main page. There were no notifications for me there. I also went to my amazon account on my computer and there was nothing there. I almost feel like it was a phishing scam, only as a notification not an email.

Have you ever heard of something like that happening?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781