Cannot transfer apps to SD

A

AC Question

Hello I got a Huawei p9 lite recently and an sd card to go with. Sd works fine but there is no option like in older androids I've used to move things to the sd card. I usually find it in the apps settings page for apps, clicked storage too, but can't find anything.

I saw mentioned SD in New android is able to be used as default storage solutions I set it to that... But still no changed at all

I'd love some help... It is 25gb SD but I can't use it for anything if I can't fix this 🙁

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Not all devices support the Move to SD feature, so if you don't see that button for any of the apps in the Settings>Apps menu, the phone doesn't support it.

If the phone is on Marshmallow or above, then it might support Adoptable Storage, but this may depend on the manufacturer. LG and Samsung opted not to support it, but I'm not sure about Huawei. To format an SD card as Internal (adoptable) Storage, you need to go to Settings>Storage​ and look for a Format option for the SD. Remember that this will wipe whatever's on the SD right now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke