Yahoo Messenger bouncing back and forth between computer and phone

A

AC Question

The messages on yahoo messenger don't show up on my phone when I'm typing on my computer and visa versa. I'd like the messages to go directly to my phone when I'm not on my computer, at the very least, but ideally the conversation shows up in both places.

When I want to continue a conversation from the computer to my phone, I have to type at least three messages (usually) for an answer to show on my phone, and a NEW window opens up on the receiving end.

Example:

I'm taking to X on IM from the computer. I need to leave the office but want to continue the conversation. Unless I type, from my phone:
Test [enter]
Test [enter]
Test [enter]
the conversation won't transfer to my phone, but continues to get responses on the computer.

Only until Messenger opens an new IM window on X's side, can I send and receive to and from X from my phone.

In addition, when my computer is in sleep mode, messages still do not transfer to my phone. This morning I received three messages from X at 8:30am. Until I turned on my computer at 10am, I did not see the messages. They never went to my phone.

Also, when on the computer, I no longer get notifications (tone or visual). I have to manually check every few seconds to find if I've received messages or not. I have already chosen the option for notifications.

This is all incredibly frustrating, as I am missing very important information.