WhatsApp videos are getting compressed, sped up and cut-off

A

AC Question

I have a Nexus 6P running 7.1.1. About 2 or 3 weeks ago I noticed that the videos I was trying to send thru WhatsApp were not uploading properly. These are videos that are recorded with my phone (i.e. Snapchat videos). At first I thought it was only the Snapchat videos, but when I tried to send a regular video that I had recorded the same thing happened. For example, a 10 second video would only upload as a 5 second video. The audio would be ok and not sped up, but the video itself would be sped up as if in fast forward.

Anyone else having this issue?

Any help is much appreciated.

luigideff

Mar 7, 2017
Visit site
I had to register for this heheh

I also have the same problem, I believe everybody using Android with some decent camera have this anoying issue, as you said, It should be due to the Whatsapp compression, unfortunately only they can fix this, what we could do is to convert the video to a worst quality (with some app) before sending it. But damn, what a pain in the ***.

Kawar

Aug 15, 2019
Visit site
Samsung s20 ultra

I am having the same problem but never had this problem on my samsung s7 edge.

Can someone explain what the hell is happening and is it my phone or whatsapp.

Also trying to see if I need to format my phone to rule out something in the background.

---'zz

Please explain in great detail what I can do to fix it or to have it happen less.

It happans on the same 4g lte and wifi I was using on my Samsung s7 edge just took sim from that and plugged it in to my s20 ultra

Also I have my photo and video set to full but nothing higher then 1080p I think

Videos get spead up but audio stays synced

Last edited by a moderator:

671M5

Apr 6, 2022
Visit site
Samsung s20 ultra

I am having the same problem but never had this problem on my samsung s7 edge.

Can someone explain what the hell is happening and is it my phone or whatsapp.

Also trying to see if I need to format my phone to rule out something in the background.

---'zz

Please explain in great detail what I can do to fix it or to have it happen less.

It happans on the same 4g lte and wifi I was using on my Samsung s7 edge just took sim from that and plugged it in to my s20 ultra

Also I have my photo and video set to full but nothing higher then 1080p I think

Videos get spead up but audio stays synced

Has anyone figured this out? Same problem Im having as well. Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy