Hi all. The struggle is real with me and the nexus devices these last couple of weeks. I had a rooted nexus 6p which I had recently updated to 7.1.1 and everything was seemingly working fine. One day randomly I picked up the phone and hit the power button to see what time it was and it rebooted . . . . and never stopped rebooting. I was able to get it to hold still on the bootloader menu but I couldn't boot into recovery or anything else. I tried reflashing everything and it seemed to take that just fine but still would not boot properly. Just the endless google screen followed by a brief flash of the android colors starting and then rebooting back to google screen. After hours of research I caved and called customer support and they told me to ship them the phone and they would send me a refurb. I still haven't received that one back yet but while I'm waiting I have been using my old nexus 5. It is stock firmware, never been rooted or anything. I popped my sim card in there and have been using it for about a week with no problems at all. . . . until tonight. The phone was in my pocket and I felt it vibrate, pulled it out and it starts happily rebooting itself from google screen to brief flash of colored android circles and then back to google screen. I can't get the nexus 5 to sit still on the bootloader menu. The bootloader pops up and immediately goes away before I can do anything and goes back to google screen for another 47000 rounds of rebooting.

So I'm having a hard time believing its a coincidence but I have no idea what is going on? I'm concerned that if I do get a fresh 6p back that I will brick that one as well. Could there be something on the sim card that is carrying over? Or perhaps some of my google settings or apps I have that are causing the problem? I have put the sim back in an old iphone but I'd like to get rid of that crap as soon as possible. Not a fan.

Any ideas on whats going on here? Any help will be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks for your time
    Chris
    03-06-2017 04:03 PM