Galaxy S7 Nougat on Verizon: Wifi turns on and off every 10 seconds

A

AC Question

Just updated my S7E to Nougat and my Wifi will not connect. It will turn on, allow me to see networks, but turn off before I can connect. If I click on a specific network, it says "Failed to Connect to Network". If I try to "Forget Network" it will say "Failed to Forget Network". I've tried wiping the cache partition, booting to safe-mode, but I still have this issue.

Has anyone encountered this issue?

jackiepeart

Mar 7, 2017
Visit site
I'm having a similar issue. However, I can connect to all wifi but the router at home! I can't even see available networks while my router is up and online, but when it's offline trying to be rebooted, all the networks become available! Very annoyed.

GarrettV

Mar 7, 2017
Visit site
Same problem here after upgrading to Nougat yesterday. It seems to turn off when it's trying to do anything wi-fi related such as connecting to a saved network or if you try to "forget" a network. My guess is something is crashing internally causing the wi-fi to shutdown and then try to come back on. Verizon needs to fix this bug.

angglid

Mar 10, 2017
Visit site
Same issue here. Mine did the toggling when I first downloaded, but then started working. Yesterday, I turned the wifi off because it was scanning, and when I turned it back on again, it was toggling again. I cleared all the remembered networks by going into settings>backup and reset>reset settings. Now, the wifi stays on and allows me to see the available networks, but the moment I put in the password and try to connect, it turns off.

To top it off, now my bluetooth won't connect either.

Samsung's only solution, after I told them I had wiped the cache, started in safe mode, etc with no results is to reset to factory settings. That is a work around NOT a solution, and I shouldn't have to lose what I have set on my phone because their update does not work!!! Yes, I can do a back up and save my pics and such, but I will have to start over with everything. Very frustrating!!!

lewjr1

Aug 17, 2012
Visit site
Same issue here.... just updated last night now no WIFI. Just Keeps turning on and off. Gonna try a factory reset in a bit. This is ******* ridiculous... should NEVER happen with such a core phone function.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX