Why does my Galaxy S5 Mini fail to update from android 5.1.1 to android 6.0

A

AC Question

I currently have a galaxy s5 mini which is running android 5.1.1. I got a message saying the update to android 6.0 was ready so I downloaded the update and proceeded to install it. About 30% through the install, I got a message with a lying down android figure saying "Error". After this my phone rebooted and nothing had changed. I tried multiple times and kept getting the same error message. How can I fix this?

Thanks

W Martin

Mar 7, 2017
Visit site
Thanks for the message @B. Diddy. I followed the steps on the link you gave me and tried to do the update again but it still failed...

(This is the same person as the one who asked the question, I just didn't have an account then.)

Last edited:

W Martin

Mar 7, 2017
Visit site
Yes, @B. Diddy, this update was being pushed over-the-air. I did not try to update using my pc. I have used my pc to update my phone from android 4.4 to 5.1.1 but I have done no further rooting. I used a program called odin to do this.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Ok -- and are you certain that the 5.1.1 firmware you installed was for your exact model number and region? Can you try installing 6.0 using Odin?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20