[MEGATHREAD] What does <HTCData> etc. mean?

A

AC Question

What does this mean <HTCData><BlockCall/><Favorite>actionid:ViewContactCard</Favorite></HTCData>

<HTCData><BlockCall/><Favorite>actionid:ViewContactCard</Favorite></HTCData>

SubhashishDash

Jul 10, 2016
Visit site
Re: What does this mean <HTCData><BlockCall/><Favorite>actionid:ViewContactCard</Favorite></HTCData>

WELCOME TO ANDROID CENTRAL FORUMS

I believe thats the contact data of your HTC mobile.... Specifically this a contact data which might have been blocked...
This is how HTC mobile phones create contact database..
So if you have exported your contact database and imported it back again...such kind of information gets stored within the contact information /data ...

A

AC Question

What is this message under a contact?

And does it allow me to track that contact's location, social media logins or anything else?

<HTCData><Favorite>actionid:ViewContactCard</Favorite></HTCData>

djrakowski

Q&A Team
May 4, 2011
Visit site
Re: <HTCData><VIPCall/></HTCData>

Welcome to Android Central!

Are you using an HTC phone, or have you ever used one in the past? Those are tags added to contact cards by the HTC contact management app - in this case, it's a VIP caller, which probably means that calls and messages from that person are allowed to ring even if the phone is in Do Not Disturb mode. If you're not using an HTC phone, then it's safe to delete these tags.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.

A

Android Central Question

What does <HTCData></Private></HTCData> mean in contacts on some ones contact information?

<HTCData></Private></HTCData>

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: What does <HTCData></Private></HTCData> mean in contacts on some ones contact information?

In what field? It looks like part of a malformed xml file. Maybe someone copied their data wrong? Do you have an HTC phone?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: What does this mean &lt;HTCData&gt;&lt;VIPCall/&gt;&lt;/HTCData

Welcome to Android Central! You got that as a text message? From whom, or from which number?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: What is this message under a contact?

Nicholascagem unless you have some specific reason to think that someone is (an app you didn't install, a message you shouldn't have gotten), we have nothing to go on. It's like "Guess how much money I have in my pocket?"

If you have some specific reason to suspect that someone hacked your phone, let us know and we'll see if we can figure sounthing out for you to do.

CyComOmmA666

Nov 21, 2018
Visit site
<HTCData><VIPCall/></HTCData>

<HTCData><VIPCall/></HTCData>
Why is the Above caption or string of stuff added to a contact under more about "**" in a note with no way to delete or why it is there.
I did not add this to the person and it is only on one contact, my soon to be ex-husband. Did he do this to my phone to hack some information or whatever from me?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: <HTCData><VIPCall/></HTCData>

Welcome to Android Central! Did you ever import or transfer contacts to this phone from a previous phone? It's possible that if your previous phone was from HTC, then its Contacts app might have had some kind of "VIP" status that you can assign to a contact (like a Starred Contact), and the process of transferring the contact to a new phone also imported this code (that was of use to the HTC Contacts app, but not your current phone's Contacts app.

A

Android Central Question

HTCData block caller popped up in my contacts list under a friend information and phone number.

I have had this friend for years so what caused this to show up today.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: HTCData block caller popped up in my contacts list under a friend information and phone number.

Welcome to Android Central! Where exactly do you see that? Can he still call you without problems?

A

Android Central Question

what is <htcdata></private></htcdata>

Anything to do with select contacts not being able to call into my phone?
I didn't add this line of HTC bull**** btw