Turbo 2 and Nougat - why (and how) to do factory reset

A

AC Question

Like other users, I have found the Nougat update has just about broken my phone. Most annoying are two things: 1) I can barely hear anybody when my phone is (automatically now) on speaker phone, even with the sound all the way up. 2) Battery life is about half of what it was. (Those are the bad ones, but I also want it on record that they completely screwed up the emojis by unnecessarily getting rid of the phone's messenger app, which just adds insult to serious injury.) Yes, the sound is OK when I put it to my ear, but that's not an acceptable response.
A factory reset was suggested by the moderator to another user to resolve these issues. Why should I have to do that? I've had Motorola phones since the original Droid and never had to do this through many updates, so it's irritating. But more importantly, how do I do it? How long will it take? And what, if anything, is it going to screw up? Will I lose data? Will I lose settings? And most important of all: Will it actually fix the problems? Thank you.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! In an ideal world, you shouldn't have to do a factory reset. But sometimes the manufacturer messes up the update and causes issues that might require a factory reset.

Before you consider it, though, try wiping the cache partition, which can help with various issues, especially after a major system update. This will not erase any personal data. https://motorola-global-portal.cust...8/~/clear-the-cache-partition---droid-turbo-2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca