Why is my WIFI functionality continually bounce after nougat update?

A

AC Question

Hello All,

My Gallaxy S7 Edge was updated with Nougat a couple days ago and ever since the update my WIFI setting has repeatedly toggled off and on. Many times, the WIFI functionality won't stay active long enough to even display available networks. Regardless of where I am or what networks I'm near.

Let me be as clear as possible. This has nothing to do with a specific router. I'm not talking about being 'connected' to WIFI. I'm talking about the functionality of the phone. Simply having the WIFI functionality on or off. I've done some searching on the net, I see others having this same issue, and everyone continues to want to suggest that it is an issue with the router or 2.4 or 5.0, etc. it's not. it's an issue with Nougat.

This is the list of things I've tried that have had no effect:
1. Restarted my phone (all the way off and back on)
2. Turned of wifi scanning under location accuracy
3. Turned off bluetooth scanning under location accuracy
4. I've tried to 'forget' my existing networks, but the wifi functionality turns off too quickly and this always fails.
5. Experimented in many different locations and network scenarios.

If anyone knows the fix for this, I'd really appreciate it. I really want to like this version of the OS, but this is really annoying.

Thanks!

brosenb

Mar 8, 2017
Visit site
B. Diddy. Had to get an account to respond back to you. Thanks for your reply.
I forget to include "starting in safe-mode" on my list of things I tried. Did that, no effect. The issue still exists.
Also, after your suggestion, I tried doing a cache partition wipe. Still no improvement.
I've also gone through and deleted most of my 3rd party apps.
Any other thoughts besides factory reset?

angglid

Mar 10, 2017
Visit site
I am having the same issue. I got online with a Samsung agent, and was asked to do the things you already mentioned and I had done. At the end, I was told my only option was to back up my phone and do a factory reset. I am really trying to avoid this, but I can't deal with not having wifi and bluetooth.

Does anyone have an answer, other than reset?