I have occasionally received the classic virus pop-up while using Google on my Galaxy S6 ("X amount of your phone is infected with a virus. Press okay to uninstall apps"), and never thought much of it. Of course, I immediately close the browser and don't dare touch the "Ok" button when these pop-ups appear, and usually just forget all about the incident. However, I received the same pop-up today while I was reading an article on Facebook (no other apps or browsers opened at the time) that in no way would warrant this type of pop-up. This seemed a little odd to me. I know the is a common virus scam, and read that the virus is the pop-up itself and not to worry if I hadn't clicked to proceed with the scanning (which I never did). I didn't see any suspicious apps on my phone, and I ran a trustworthy security app which didn't find anything. Should I still be concerned about this?

I am relatively new to the Android world and would appreciate some input on this.

Thanks
    03-08-2017 06:41 PM
    I guess it's an app with an overlay function that runs in the background, so I recommend to open the App manager and check all the packages installed on your phone one by one and delete any suspicious pack, DON'T TRUST YOUR LAUNCHER as any package can be installed and not detected by the launcher.
    03-09-2017 02:22 PM