I have an 8 gb Galaxy tab 3. I have a problem with the space on my tablet. I've noticed that I can't download a small app, it says insufficient memory. All my photos and videos are on the sd card. I've also previously moved some apps to sd card. Now it shows that 5,66 GB of internal memory is used by apps, but that's not true. All apps I have are max 1,5 gb. I don't know what to do. Cache is around 5 mb, so nothing really. I tried the *#9900 command, but nothing happened. Also, when I check internal memory it says 5,66 gb of apps, but when I click on that on the bottom I see that 4,8 is used and around 500mb is free. Why does it say different numbers and how can I get that missing
    03-09-2017 12:45 PM
    Welcome to Android Central.

Can you post screenshots of your Storage screens.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=413366
    [GUIDE] How To Post Screenshots on Android Central

If you do have only 500 mb free, that may not be enough headroom for apps and updates. Are you sure total apps are 1.5gb. That does sound about right and 5.5gb would be too much.

So *#9900# doesn't allow you to Delete Dumpstate Logcat files. Is it a carrier supplied tablet. The code may not work on some Samsung devices.
    03-09-2017 01:17 PM
    Hello,

That code works, it says Delete Dumpstate logcat, then OK. I meant that it didn't help with this memory problem. I've read that it has helped some people in a similar situation. No,it's not a carrier supplied tablet.

I don't have many heavy apps, and most of them are on the sd card, and it says that for example only 10 mb of the app are in internal memory, the rest is on sd card. So I think that that's 1,5 gb max of all apps, maybe slightly less or more, but nowhere near 5,5 gb it shows.

sorry the screens are not in english but you will see the numbers I'm talking about

edit: I'll keep trying to attach the screens, but the tab keeps closing instead of adding the attachment
    03-09-2017 02:07 PM
    Are you just reading the Storage and individual App Info screens, and the My Files app - or a downloaded system/cleaner app.

It's possible the device / OS is no longer reading storage correctly (from @Golfdriver97 in an old thread).

Can you read the Storage on a pc via usb.

You can view internal apps by size from Storage or Applications Manager.

Many apps will move back entirely to internal storage after they receive an update, so if you keep an eye on the Applications Manager - SD Card column many apps you thought you moved will be unchecked.

Also it's unusual to have only 10% of an app left in internal storage. Portions of the app can often be Moved to SD Card but you generally don't save a lot of internal space except possibly with large games.

It can often be frustrating to load images on this site, depending on what version of the site you are using.
    The AC Forums apps works well for loading images and viewing the forums in general. Hopefully they will upload at some stage.
    Golfdriver97 likes this.
    03-09-2017 02:26 PM