I've had my S7 for nearly 2 months and the Predictive Text does not seem to be working properly.

A

AC Question

To be specific - it's not predicting. I have gone to settings and turned all the options to 'on'.

When I start typing on my S7 I sometimes type nearly the full word before the words close to what I need shows up on the text bar - kinda defeats the point of having it. Some of the 'suggested text' isn't even close to what I'm either. Also, if a word does appear the variations of that word don't show up either - work, works, worked, working, etc. Again you have to type more and more of the word to get the text you're looking for.

I used to have a Grand Prime and it was excellent - picked up my writing style pretty quick - not this phone though.

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
Predictive text keyboards are getting dumber, not smarter in my opinion. My ancient Nokia and Ericsson devices had far better predictive function than these so called smart phones. I especially hate it when I type a word, it suggests some completely unrelated word, I reject that and type again so the **##&&$$ thing suggests the same word I rejected again in an endless loop! Grrrrr!