I have received texts on my Verizon android from someone with a Verizon iPhone for years now. They have come in one long text with no symbols but for an appropriately place emoji here and there.
    I got some today and yesterday that came in one immediately after another, one text in many short pieces. Each had an "@ A @" at the beginning . In all these years, their texts have never looked like this. I have reason to believe I am being deceived by this person and these strange texts might be the key to an answer. Could they be texting me from outside the US? Or could there be another reason for this? Hope you can help me with this little bit of private investigating!
    03-11-2017 12:39 AM
    Possibly they had an update and using some iPhone magic that other platforms can't decipher? Emojis are not universal sadly so often you get strange symbol or some code instead..
    What other reason do you have to think of deception? If there are trust issues either front the person, or discontinue contact...
    03-11-2017 12:54 AM
    Thanks for answering! A lot of red flags the last few days. These texts are very out of the ordinary. I doubt its something as simple as an update, since he's had those many times before with no changes to his texts. The timing is strange, and reasons for the 12+ hour delays in answering my texts...especially considering their contents....don't sit right. Information is power I suppose and before I confront them, I would prefer some solid proof.
    03-11-2017 01:11 AM
    Mmmm prepare for the worst I guess. Welcome to the forums Natasha! Sorry you are having problems with this person.. Big hug.
    03-11-2017 04:47 AM
    Thanks again for your help, Tim! I am expecting the worst. And I'm sure I'll get it.....
    03-11-2017 09:54 AM