how do I rotate a video

A

AC Question

I took a video of a funeral procession in horizontal (landscape) format, but the phone insists on keeping it in vertical (portrait) format. I need to fix it - the funeral was for my co-worker's grandson.

smvim

May 16, 2014
Visit site
Which media player app are you using to view the video file? The default player on your phone or some other third-party app like MX Player or VLC? Also, have you tried viewing that same video on a different device or on a computer to confirm its actual orientation?

SGM_2

Mar 13, 2017
Visit site
I just have the default player on the phone. The video is uploaded to Google Photos, but there is no way to rotate it there, either. I tried to find an app in the play store that would do it, but nothing that I tried seemed to work. That could be because they seemed to focus on bells and whistles. I am not a spring chicken and not the most tech savvy soul around. Not much of an app fan, either, due to excessive permissions, so I deleted them and gave up.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Great! What finally worked for you? When you couldn't find a way to rotate it in Google Photos, were you on the website on your computer, rather than in the app itself?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC