I have a number of apps on my old moto g that I want to transfer to my new moto g. I still have the same phone number but I don't remember the passwords. I can't figure out how to transfer the apps. I have a lot of information on them that I need and I can't get into any of them. It'll take me forever to start from scratch and still won't be able to get my information. PLEASE HELP...
    03-12-2017 12:59 PM
    Is the data stored within the app itself or is the data stored in the "cloud" that the app then connects to? You can do an account recovery for Facebook to change your password and log in on the new phone.

Not transferring passwords from one device to the other is a security feature, if someone were to get access to your current phone, they could "clone" your Facebook app/account to another device and take it over.

You don't say what other apps you're working with, or what version of the OS is on the old Moto G but there IS the app backup capability built into the Google Drive app with Marshmallow and later, provided the app developer chose to enable that.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.
    03-12-2017 03:17 PM