My right earbud randomly stated to not work. I used several different pairs and the right side still doesn't have sound no matter what pair I use. My Bluetooth headphones has sound coming out perfectly on each side. I made sure there was no dust in the headphone jack but I don't know what else to do to fix this problem.
    03-12-2017 04:32 PM
    It's presumably a fault inside the phone, with the jack or its wiring.
    03-12-2017 04:55 PM
    Since your Bluetooth headphones work OK we can probably rule out a software issue or a hardware processor (sound chip) issue. Depending on your phone model there's the possibility it's an issue with say, a solder joint broke between the headphone jack and the motherboard. Again, depending on your phone model, that could be a serious issue or just an annoying type fix. One thing to try is pick up an aerosol can of electrical contact cleaner (available at most computer/electronic retailers and a lot of hardware chains), similar to this:
    CRC QD 11 oz. Contact Cleaner-02130-6 - The Home Depot
    The headphone jack is just a mechanical switch, with the metal contacts inside the jack needing to be in contact with the metal contacts on the plug end of your earbuds. Possibly something worked its way into the jack (pocket lint or whatever) that's blocking the contact between the jack and the ring on the plug end for the right channel. Get a can of contact cleaner with one of those narrow straw attachments to the nozzle end so you can get it deep enough into the jack to actually be effective. Also, do a couple of practice 'squirts' on a piece of newspaper, you need a little bit of the solvent. It dries quickly and doesn't leave any residue but it's definitely a matter where less is better than more. (... and do it in a ventilated area, that stuff is a mix of all kinds of multi-syllable chemicals.)
    My right earbud won't work-jack-plug.jpg
    03-12-2017 09:40 PM