Unfortunately, bingo launcher has stopped"

A

AC Question

Please help with the below error, which I am facing on new ulefone gemini.

"Unfortunately, bingo launcher has stopped"

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Did you install any alternate launchers? If not, that's presumably the stock launcher that Ulefone uses. Does this persist after a reboot? Or in Safe Mode? On most Android devices, while powered on, press and hold Power until the Power Off menu appears. Press and hold the Power Off selection until the Safe Mode prompt appears. Tap OK.

Billibong

Mar 19, 2017
Visit site
I have the same trouble with my Ulefone Gemini

It keeps flashing that message every few seconds, non-stop. I attempted, under settings, to force stop the program from running. That only works for about a minute. But after a minute the same redundant message keeps appearing!

Unfortunately, the phone software prevents, or blocks, me from uninstalling the culprit: the offending "Bingo Launcher".

From my understanding, I can only remove the offending program if I "root" my phone via some custom ROM. However, I am unable to find any modified ROMs online. Despite a thorough search online, the only available custom ROMS are only available for other models like the Ulefone Metal, or others.

Rebooting does not stop the offending program, Bingo Launcher, from redundantly sending the message, "Bingo failed to launch..."

When I hold down the "on/off" button, I am not offered an option for a "so-called" safe mode". But therein it offers a, "Super Saver" mode.... Whatever that is. I tried it - This mode only gives me a phone dialing pad. While in it, I did not see the offending message.

Does anyone know how to stop the offending message? How to get rid of the offending program? Or best yet - where I can get a custom ROM for the Ulefone Gemini?

Big thanks out to anyone that can help!!!

Billibong

Mar 19, 2017
Visit site
Apparently the Bingo Launcher cannot run on Android 6 (and higher)!

I am adding additional information to my previous entry above.

I just discovered that the program, Bingo Launcher, was made for an earlier version of android! That might very well explain why current Ulefone Gemini owners are suffering under its tyranny!

The message I get when I attempt to deny the, "Bingo Launcher", access to my contacts, etc., is as follows:

"This app was designed for an older version of Android. Denying permissions may cause it to no longer function as intended".

Obviously the program is not functioning properly already.

Again, if anyone knows how I can remove the offending application - an application that Ulefone should never have installed due to incompatibility issues - or where I might find a Custom ROM for the Ulefone Gemini, please let me know.

BTW: Although I am blocked from uninstalling the program, I went through and manually blocked the program from accessing anything. This stopped the incessant message. However, I now have no delightful screen management. So, I will have to go now to the Google Play store and find some similar program to dress up my screen layout. I really wish I could just get rid of the offensive, Bingo Launcher, program altogether. The Bingo Launcher apparently cannot run on Android 6!

Thanks to all who help! Power to the People!

Last edited:

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately, these cheap Chinese phones (cheap in manufacture - they may not be cheap in price) don't offer much in the way of documentation or tech support. So while you may save a little when you buy it, you lose a lot when something goes wrong.

About all I can suggest in these cases is to install a different launcher, open Bingo Launcher in Settings/Application manager, clear default (you have to scroll down a bit), then hit the Home button and you should be asked which launcher to choose, Choose the one you just installed, then hit Always. (If you find that you don't like that one, install a different one, clear the old one's default, choose the new one, etc., until you find one you like. A lot of us here use Nova Launcher.)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11