Upside down photos showing up on Facebook - NEED HELP !

A

AC Question

After I pull a photo into Action Director I right click on the 'thumbnail', select 'File Location' and then drag the stitched file into Facebook. Some photos have showed up OK but then most of the others show up upside down for no apparent reason. I'm beginning to think it's a camera issue.

Has anyone else had this happen to them and if so, what did you do to correct it. I have to use my PC because my Samsung Galaxy S3 is not compatible with their phone app.

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
Inside each photo is a bunch of data called EXIF data. Part of this data is a marker that tells which side is the top of the image.
When you rotate your camera, the marker is updated so that the image viewer knows if the picture is tall or wide.
Some older app and some wrongly written apps ignore this marker.

Unfortunately, Facebook purposely removes all the EXIF data from your pictures so that your images are easier to steal.

What you can do to work around the missing EXIF data is to use your picture editor to rotate the picture left and right. This should get the image rewritten to the file with the correct side physically at the top so that the marker in the EXIF data is not needed.
Check the settings in your photo editor about options for rotating images.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1