Google keep upload progress gone.

A

AC Question

Recently when uploading some photos to Google Drive. I've noticed the upload progress indicator is gone. It updated on Feb 27th. But I'm sure it was working after that. It's only been happening about a week.
I've checked Drive settings and can't find anything related to turning this on or off.
Anyone else experiencing this, or can anyone give me an explanation???

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Do you get a notification that the upload completed? It should be a Drive icon in the status bar.

Mine is gone as well, there is no status any longer in notifications, only a pop up that comes up for a moment at the bottom stating "Your Files are being uploaded" but no upload progress bar anymore or any other notificaiton stating when it's complete. This just started happening recently.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Which phone? I just tested it out on my Honor 5X (oh man, I really can't wait for my replacement Nexus 6P to come on Monday:'(), and it shows me the Google Drive icon in the status bar.

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Which phone? I just tested it out on my Honor 5X (oh man, I really can't wait for my replacement Nexus 6P to come on Monday:'(), and it shows me the Google Drive icon in the status bar.

Galaxy S6. This also only started happening about a week ago. Previously I was getting the notificaiton with not only the upload status bar stating how many files and mb were uploading, and verificaiton when they were uploaded. I no longer get that at all. Now I only get a very fast pop up bubble at the bottom of the screen. As shown in the attached screen shot.

Screenshot_20170319-040141.png

Current version of Google Drive is 2.7.063.14.46

Also have all notifications on... Any ideas? This is a pain in the ***, as I upload large files then move them to another folder so it's nice to know when they have completed. I am going nuts with this! Argh

Screenshot_20170319-041153.jpg

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
B.Diddy.
After googling every possible combination I could think of and only finding the addition of the upload status back a couple years, finally found one recent post of someone having the same issue.

https://www.reddit.com/r/androidapps/comments/5ox1p7/google_drive_no_longer_shows_uploads_in_the/

Can't believe I didn't try the most simple option. And it worked. Glad I wasn't the only one it happened to thought I was going nuts!

It's back now! Thanks for trying to help get to the bottom of this!

20170319_043009.png

tltovey

Sep 7, 2018
Visit site
The Reddit solution has been removed. What are the steos to get back the progress notification?

Uninstall & reinstall (just uninstalling the updates works too) I tried it out & it worked!
Thank you for following up & putting the solution. This has been driving me nuts! I thought it was my new phone's fault!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2