Video with a selfie stick?

Guytronic

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
Can I use a selfie stick to activate the video camera on any Android phone?

Reason I ask is because I need to film a few relatively inaccessible places on my vehicle so that I can try to do a difficult repair.

Thought it might be easier to have a look before trying by feel.

Thanx in advance!

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I believe that you can, but don't trust me to the extent of actually buying one, attaching it to your phone, getting under the vehicle, poking the set-up into the inaccessible place, pressing the button, and then finding out that you can't.

Guytronic

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
Tanx @belodion!

I borrowed a selfie stick and tried it with an honor 8.
Looks like the button on the stick feature is all goofed now after the big update.

Also there's an error I've never seen before with the video cam option on the honor.
Something about the "google.com/recorder.assistant" blah-blah keeps popping up blocking the on-screen controls.
Oh well best laid plans...

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
You're better off than me. I was given a selfie stick that had no button, and no Bluetooth gubbins inside, despite what it said on the box. I kept it because I thought it might be vaguely useful for poking at things, or as a stick when walking on icy pavements. I've never used it for those things even.

Reminds me, I've wondered myself whether a cheap webcam could be used for viewing inaccessible things, though so far I've never had to do it. But something to bear in mind as a possibility perhaps.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463