Dear Android Team;

I bought a new phone and was trying to remove my Google Accounts (ONLY) from my now previous phone (Samsung S4 Galaxy), so I could give it to somebody else without fearing them looking at my personal info.

I read on quite a few sites that by deleting a Google Account from my phone, I only 'disconnect' my account from my phone. In other words, the account itself (like the Gmail, Youtube...) still exists and can be reached (as always) from my computer and other devices - it is just removed from my Android device (my phone). So, hey, i delete the account and as I try to log in to Gmail from my computer - bam, the account does not exist anymore. Like, nowhere, it was deleted from existence. Wow. Even after a lot of Android websites pointed out that deleting the account from your phone does not mean deleting it from actual existence. Thanks.

Anyways, I managed to get the account back by typing the correct password in the Gmail (from my computer) and am now wondering: can I delete my Google Account ONLY from my Android device, so the phone is not associated (through Google Play, Gmail, Youtube...) with my account anymore?

Thank you for any kind of help!

Tilen
    03-18-2017 07:54 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Tell us how you removed the account. If you go to Settings>Accounts-Google, select your Google account there, tap Menu, then Remove Account, it only removes the account from the phone, and does not delete it everywhere.
    03-18-2017 08:03 PM
    I don't believe it's even POSSIBLE to completely delete a Google account from the Google servers using the Settings screen on a mobile device. Now, if you were logged into your account on a browser on the device and chose to delete the account, that's a whole other story.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    03-18-2017 09:45 PM
    Yep -- as far as I can tell, this is the only way to completely delete your Google account: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/32046?hl=en
    03-18-2017 11:12 PM