Is it Possible to Upgrade camera Galaxy Note 2 ?

A

AC Question

Is it possible to replace the 8MP camera on the note 2 with a compatible 13MP camera from another phone or is there an upgrade option ?

A

AC Question

Is it possible to change/upgrade the camera on the note 2? Is there a compatible camera on any of the other note series or Samsung phones. Note 2 has 8MP so anything above that would be great.

Mhinc gave a [offensive description removed] remark yesterday by answering the question with a question [insult removed]. Just a simple yes or no would have sufficed [insult removed]. [Offensive word removed].

Last edited by a moderator:

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
The reply seems okay to me. If you are offended by a reply, the proper procedure is to Report it, so the that Moderators can give it their attention. I shall now have to Report your present post, since you've been rude to mhinc.

The other proper procedure is to register as a member and continue posting in your original thread.

I've merged the two threads.

Last edited:

smvim

May 16, 2014
Visit site
Typically there's very little compatibility between smartphone internal components, even when you're dealing with the same brand. Each smartphone model is usually its own customized unit with little if any mix-and-match, universally interchangeable parts. Actually we're all very lucky the phone manufacturers all agreed to use the established standards for mini-USB/USB type-C, microSD card slots, and SIM slots.
Here's the ifixit guide to replacing a rear-facing camera for a Note 3:
https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Samsung+Galaxy+Note+II+Rear+Facing+Camera+Assembly+Replacement/16450
Now just as an example here's the guide for the camera (16 megapixel) in the Note 5:
https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Samsun...a+&+front+camera+&+earpiece+Replacement/51169
Note (pun intended) the difference in the camera component itself, its orientation, and cable connector to its motherboard.

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Is it possible to change/upgrade the camera on the note 2? Is there a compatible camera on any of the other note series or Samsung phones. Note 2 has 8MP so anything above that would be great.

Mhinc gave a [offensive description removed] remark yesterday by answering the question with a question [insult removed]. Just a simple yes or no would have sufficed [insult removed]. [Offensive word removed].

I am pretty sure my question was completely relevant. And not requiring such a nasty reply form you. Especially when you are coming here for help was not a good idea.
It's possible I wouldn't have had to ask you questions if you had provided more info in your initial post.
I see others have provided you the info that I would have, in regards to compatibility. And you haven't been back so I am assuming you got the answer you needed.