why is my phone 140 degrees fahrenheit

A

AC Question

Usually the max it gets temperature wise is around 50 degrees Celsius but a couple days ago when I woke up, I moved my shoulder a bit and my phone slid down the covers and hit me and burned me haha. Seems pretty dangerous to be sleeping right next to it. I use the original HTC charger I got with the phone. Is this regular or should I probably get it looked at? Here's a link to a screenshot of my battery temp at the time - htt_p://m.im_gur.com/eiq_wCcK
Just remove the underscores

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Was the phone on the bed itself, or on your nightstand? Never let your phone charge while it's lying on a surface that doesn't dissipate heat well, like a pillow or blankets. If the heat doesn't dissipate, that may increase the risk of thermal runaway, and therefore fire or explosion.

PandaPhD

Mar 21, 2017
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Was the phone on the bed itself, or on your nightstand? Never let your phone charge while it's lying on a surface that doesn't dissipate heat well, like a pillow or blankets. If the heat doesn't dissipate, that may increase the risk of thermal runaway, and therefore fire or explosion.

yeah it was next to me in bed. The phone has still heated up to 50 Celsius while placed on a desk charging. It's been acting up with the charger too saying it's charging slow or something so I have to unplug then replug multiple times. Last night it also said there were too many processes going on to where it couldn't charge but I just unplugged then replugged and it seemed to fix it.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Which phone is it? Does it have a quick charge feature? Quick charging typically generates more heat. Also, have you tried other charging cables/plugs?

PandaPhD

Mar 21, 2017
Visit site
Sorry I probably should've mentioned it earlier haha, but it's a HTC 10. It does have the quick charging feature. I use the original charger that came with the phone because that's recommended. I've used different outlets in different buildings and it still gets hotter than I would think is normal.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
As long as it isn't some super-cheap no-name charger from the bargain bin of the local thrift shop, any universal charger should be fine. Make sure it's a 2.0 A charger, if you want it to charge at a reasonable rate.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez