JSwhyOperation Error Java.Lang IllegalStateException can not play this sorng

A

AC Question

Operation Error Java.Lang IllegalStateException can not play this song - this is the error message I am receiving when trying to play music which I have put onto an SD card into my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge. I am new to Samsung / android and didn't have this problem on my Lumia 950XL. I have tried to reformat card, and create a sub folder in the card, also copied the music from SD card onto internal storage and still same problem. It's only some of the music it does this with. The music is on CD's which were burned onto my iMac and appear to be mostly an MP4a type file.

Any help much appreciated.

P.S> Have used Google play music, MusicMaster and Pulsar apps and same results and phone software up to date.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Does this happen with mp3 files? Can you try copying the mp4a files directly from the computer to Internal Storage (and not the SD card), in case the SD is corrupting the file?

TheRayInPV

Sep 28, 2017
Visit site
Hello, I realize this is an old thread but I found it because I had the same problem and I registered just to tell mention what my problem was. I received the exact same error when trying to play mp3 files and it said the format was not supported. Well when I looked at the side of my phone where the sd and sim tray go into, I noticed the tray was just a hair out, it was not flush with the phone. I just pushed it all the way in and it worked. Hope this helps someone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeansonhacks