S3 - broken Screen - Adb Unauthorized - How to access?

A

AC Question

Hi, first of all sorry for the spelling, i'm from Argentina and my english is not the best.

i have a samsung s3 phone with a broken screen. I think also the touch-system is broken.

I want to access the device via VNC to configure it as a media server, or a camera or maybe buy the mhl cable and use it as a smart-tv.

I tried to install every app available but all of them requires me to authorize the adb interface (i have it enabled).

on the adb command linethe phone shows as "unautorized"

i tried the solution of rebooting the phone on recovery-mode and change the adb hosts files to have it autorized with no luck.

In my several tests i think i broke the download mode and recovery mode because now it doesn't seems to reboot in those modes, it always boots in normal mode no matter wich keys i press.

So, now i have a working cyanognemod rom (i don't remember wich version, if it's a 5.0 or 6-0 rom).

I don have acces to recovery mode.
I dont have access to download mode.
I don't have wifi connected.
I have adb enabled.
I dont have adb autorized.

I tried the vysor app, the teamviewer app etc.

Is there any app to access the phone (vnc, or edit system files remotely) without autorize the adb interface?

I bought a usb-jigg (it on its way) but i think it wont help, maybe it will allow me to enter download mode, but if i flash a new stock or custom rom i will be in the same place, because i dont have a way to autorize adb whitout a working screen

So, i woinder if there's an app or script to authorize adb, or directly to access the phone wihout having to enable it

Thank you in advance

Greetings

semental

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Thank you for the quick answer, but that guide is oriented to unlock the phone (make the movement of swipe the screen or put the pin).
What i need is to access the screen to authorize the adb or access the system files (whitout adb) to authorize adb access

semental

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Thanks again for answer, i have usb debugging activated, what i need to do is to authorize the device (click ok on the dialog that appears on screen when new adb device is detected)
I. ve already tried with a mouse and clicking in the dark with no luck

Shane I Robinson

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
Several months too late for the OP, but for anyone else in a similar situation:

If your device supports OTG (on-the-go), as the previously mentioned Samsung Galaxy S3 does, then you can use a standard computer USB mouse with your device via a "Micro-USB Host OTG Adapter" such as this one: https://www.amazon.com/StarTech-com...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU6025017

This will give you a pointer on the device, move it around, "click" instead of "tapping"; you'll get the hang of it pretty quick.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz