I have a Huawei P9 Lite

I bought a 30gb SD card for it, thinking that that was something i could use.

But it seems I was wrong...

In settings I've set the SD to main storage but my phone is full anyway.
    There is no option to move an app to the SD card.

If I look at my phone on Android File Transfer it says there is absolutely nothing in my internal storage.

Apple Music now takes up 4.5gb on my internal storage, it changes its mind between there being no space to download music and then just doing it anyway so no idea there...

The phone doesn't let me take photos because it's full and so i have to upload to Google Photos and delete the photos in Gallery, even tho photos are on SD card, it says.

I have 17 apps taking up 6gb of the supposedly 16gb, but seen as theres 30+ permanent apps i'll -never- use that does make sense that the phone is totally full.

How can I get all the crap off my internal storage and actually use the SD card?

This is the exact reason I didn't buy an iPhone again and opted for one with and SD slot!

Lost for words at how much tech is a rip off for the 100th time in my life, and there i was very happy with this phone... the only answer can't be just don't put anything on this phone?!

helpme
    03-21-2017 06:21 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Show us a screenshot of the Settings>Storage menu: [GUIDE] How To Post Screenshots on Android Central You'll have to register on this forum first.

A 16 GB phone usually only has about 10-11 GB available to the user, after accounting for the OS and any preinstalled bloatware. It's industry standard to advertise the total storage, not the storage available to the user (and yes, Apple does this too). Some companies go a little overboard with bloatware, so the actual available storage might be closer to 8-9 GB. This used to be a decent amount of storage a few years ago, but these days, it gets used up pretty quickly.

SD cards have traditionally been intended for storage of media files and documents. When you set the SD to be the main storage, it's likely just a default for apps to save data on -- but not for the apps themselves to be installed on. Many (but not all) phones allow the user to move a portion of an app to the SD card, but not all apps can be moved, and for the ones that can be moved, only a relatively small portion of the app gets moved to the SD. To see if the phone can do this, go to Settings>Apps, select some of the apps, and see if there is a Move to SD button.

Preinstalled bloatware usually can't be uninstalled unless you root the phone. You could try Disabling the apps in the Settings>Apps menu, which will uninstall all updates (which in itself can save a little space), then prevent the app from opening.

There are a few more tips on how to maximize your internal storage in my guide: [GUIDE] Android Storage Memory and How to Deal with Insufficient Storage Warnings

Unfortunately, the best thing to do if you want to install a lot of apps on a phone is to get one with as much internal storage as you can afford. 16 GB just doesn't cut it any more these days.
    03-22-2017 02:42 AM