Syncing contacts to 2017 Subaru Forester

TammyGenne

Oct 23, 2016
Visit site
My S7 is not syncing contacts to my car. It will sync the first contact and that's it. I tried my S4 and it syncs contacts with no problems. When I try to send a couple of contacts to my car, i get the error "file not sent". Does anyone have any idea what's going on???

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
On the phone, go to Settings>Bluetooth, and tap the gear icon next to the car entry. Is Contact Sharing checked on?

Also, when you first paired the phone to the car, do you remember if the phone prompted you to give permission to share contacts with the car? You can try forgetting the pairing on both the car and the phone, then go through the whole pairing process again to see if that message comes up.

TammyGenne

Oct 23, 2016
Visit site
Yes, contact sharing is on. I didn't have to give it permission. It does transfer the first contact. When looking at contacts settings, you can share multiple contacts as one file or individually. It says in the description of "As One File" if the receiving device does not support this, only one contact will be shared. I've tried both settings and only one contact is shared with both. My S4 has no problem syncing my contacts. Any ideas?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
You shouldn't have to use that sharing option to sync your contacts with the car. Can you confirm that you've already tried unpairing and forgetting the device, then re-pairing?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Something like this used to happen with a previous car. Back then, I found that if I customized the Contacts to Display (open Contacts, then tap Menu>Contacts to Display, then select Custom instead of Show All), it would then display properly. This probably won't help any more, but it's worth a shot.

TammyGenne

Oct 23, 2016
Visit site
Thank you, finally figured out what to do. I had to go into each contact that I want to show, edit the Phone info by adding them into the group "Contacts With Phone Numbers". Wouldn't have figured it out if I didn't go into the customized list and show those with phone numbers. My number was the only one that popped up and my number has been the only one to transfer. Now I can pick and choose who I want to show up. Thanks again!!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc