Nougat 7 sucks!!!! [Mod note: Possibly referring to Nougat on certain Samsung devices.]

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Re: Nougat 7 sucks!!!!

What device? This seems to be a common comment from S7 owners. I saw no significant visual differences on my Nexus, and the tweaks I did see were welcome ones.

Earthygirl

Apr 25, 2017
Visit site

I concur - I am so mad at myself for not reading reviews before I updated my S7. It's HORRIBLE!
My biggest complaints: too much white; really tiny font (yes, I know how to change it, but when you enlarge the font and screen zoom to a comfortable level, you can't see emails and websites without scrolling left and right - very annoying); the new UI is terrible - and I really hate that now you have to pull the quick settings menu all the way down to see all of the icons -- I preferred when I could slide them horizontally. I also am having a LOT of trouble even finding many settings in the Settings menu! Samsung's search bar really sucks -- if you don't know the exact name of a setting, good luck. The air has been blue a lot since I updated! I can't roll it back, either, because it will void my warranty. Grrr! I LOVED my S7 before this...

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
Really SUCKS

Sorry to hear you are not liking the upgrade. What seems to be the problem? Are things broken or is it just visual aspects you don't like?

When Nougat comes out for my device I'll be sure to look for those specific things in reviews to make sure everything is fine. I'm sitting here so excited to get Nougat haha. :D

RodAtAndroid

May 1, 2017
Visit site

How do i back out of the n 7.0 upgrade? When i use my camera a lot of my shots are done in pro mode to adjust to verying conditions. With 7.0 everytime i click on pro the camera shut off. The icons on the top bar to quickly turn features on/off are really hard to see now almost need a dark room to see them. Plus don't seem able to manage what is top.

ShehzadKAM2017

May 9, 2017
Visit site

I absolutely 100% agreed with you. I have always been a Samsung and Android fan but this update really sucks. Really really sucks. White notification screen , email notifications are hidden or un-simple , keyboard response to auto correct spellings is terrible even the suggested words are wrong. Most hassled feature is definitely keyboard typing.

kimjalh99

May 16, 2017
Visit site

Completely sucks! All the icons changed, and the new notifications are unusable without changing screen zoom and font, which makes the text in other apps too large. How do I uninstall 7.0?

Ian_C_T

May 24, 2017
Visit site

Earthy,
Many thanks as you have outlined exactly all of my own complaints with this update. Have an S6 for a year or so (which is supposedly nowadays in this crazy world an age!) and UNTIL this update have been happy! The UI is now NOT User Friendly!!! Suspect that many ppl find it harder to view as previous colour scheme, icons, avis et al were easier on the eyes. It also changed many of my settings so, for instance, that can not find the ring tone was previously using! Wasted a whole day on this already!
By the way yours was first post that made any sense so far. Again thanks.

GregRRich

May 29, 2017
Visit site

I absolutely hate it. White text over a white screen? Tiny fonts everywhere - I have a Note 5 (enormous screen, but not the one that blows up), this should never be an issue! Hate the contacts menu. Sending a new text now requires you to choose the person from contacts instead of defaulting to the classic touchpad to "dial" the person in - way more steps than before (plus the alphabet list to the right requires a magnifying glass and an infant's index finger) - and I keep finding myself typing in the recipient window because it assumes all messages are for groups forcing you to click the other window to start typing. Camera icons are basically invisible. Contact information is invisible. Making a simple phone call requires an extra click because it wants you to choose from a mini horizontal menu below the contact name. Adding/editing a contact doesn't have a save button anymore for some stupid reason... Who missed that! Only work around is to back out and save it at the warning screen. Swipe down quick menu is suddenly beyond awful. Even the simple flashlight is now gone - and brightness slider requires an extra swipe. This new OS for every imaginable reason should still be in Beta - or they never bothered to read the comments from beta users and actually believe people want these kind of changes. How on earth is any of this better??? It's like they change icons and colors just to make people think it's different/better...

scooterkaz

May 31, 2017
Visit site

I totally agree. It definitely sucks. There is no colour and everything is just plain white and bland. The stock calendar has also changed and I find it hard to pinpoint the square box on the day I am trying to input an event. The quick access drop down box is white with icons that are just an outline and harder to see. The lock screen notifications are too small for me to be able to read them. Nougat is definitely a step backwards and not forwards. What have they done. It's appalling. Definitely not as user friendly as Marshmallow. I'm quite angry with myself that I allowed the update, but at the time I expected it was going to be a big improvement. How wrong was I. The only way I can get back to Marshmallow is to buy an old Samsung phone, which I don't want to have to do.

marnie14

Jul 14, 2017
Visit site

I have a Samsung galaxy s7 edge. I upgraded and my battery is bad, my wifi is bad, gps is terrible.

I loved my phone before. I could use it most of the day and only use 15-20% of the battery. Now I have to constantly restart and worry im not getting messages.

I tried to contact samsung but of course nothing happened. I did read that uploading this update cant be undone, going back to a previous version. Boy does that suck.

My phone is pretty useless and I have to pay to use it this way.

Last edited:

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I don't have a device running Nougat so I've no idea what its features are that are disliked by some users. But those are features rather than device problems. For device problems, it's always worth trying a Cache Partition wipe, or indeed doing one routinely immediately after an update, on those devices that permit it.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
I dunno. I love the Nougat upgrade. Colors are pretty easy to fix. Just use a black theme so everything is black. The complaints on small text is something I find weird as well, since I actually bought a font from the Samsung store that's naturally smaller than the default font. Lol.

Dwanna Enloe

Oct 19, 2017
Visit site
Really tired of the audio wigging out. I listen to music, have tried 3 different services and also wireless as well as wired headset that came with the S7. Will be listening along and it either goes volume up all the way!, volume down all the way!, or activates Google voice like it heard me say Ok Google, when I was silent. This NEVER happened pre Nougat. I'm thinking of getting a different phone just so I don't have to deal with this. It's BS and I can't be screwing with the phone while riding my Harley down the road.
I've been sitting at my desk, not touching the phone and watched it do these things randomly, no touch, no audio feed, nothing. Just randomly this happens.
I reset the damn phone to factory and it still happens!

RuneNorthstar

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
Small fonts, small buttons. no favorite contact buttons, gallery layout is useless. Nougat is currently an epic fail, I even have the google now launcher and I still have no favorite buttons, I got them in a list after I scroll down my contacts. needless to say I will be completely wiping my phone out and possibly rooting it to make it function properly. and I will only have it and this service for about another month as I now Work For a Cricket Wireless Authorized retailer, and when I catch up my bills I will be buying another phone. I will not buy one with Nougat. I am looking forward to Oreo, in hopes that it has a better UX and usability for people who (like myself) have toes for thumbs. I have yet to take this Nougat for a spin, but currently I am pissed and want to break my phone and just go without for a month or so. Damm near makes me want to get a iPotato, but I think I'd even get a windows phone before that.

zebatov

Mar 20, 2018
Visit site
I just did the update and I have to agree. I used to be able to press my windows button at the bottom right (ASUS Zenphone 3) to bring up a Google search bar and that has been removed. I also can't transfer my data -AGAIN. I JUST figured out how to make my charging cable transfer data (something I shouldn't have to "figure out") and after I did the update last night, that option is gone even with the Developer Options method. I'm just going back to Windows Phones. They're just better. If you haven't used one, the trade-off is a lack of apps for a much better experience overall. I'll have to buy a used one on eBay because basically anyone who never bought one ensured its demise.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21