Hi,

I have a Seagate 1TB wifi hardrive. Phone is connected to it and I can transfer images from the phone to the EHD.

I have a OTG cable and have connected the Canon 5D MkII to the S5. I can view some of the images via an app called CR2 Thumbnails.

However, I can't transfer the raw files to the EHD.

Anyone any advice? What am I missing? #frustrated

Cheers,

Carl.
    03-24-2017 02:20 PM
    The phone was not designed to do what you are trying.
    If you can get this to work at all, you will most likely need to transfer the images from the camera to the phone, then from the phone to the EHD.

Personally I doubt you will get this to work because the firmware in the camera makes it pretend to be a hard drive at the minimum level needed for a full computer to talk to it. Unfortunately, those programmers often guess a little low when they should be guessing a little higher in the capabilities needed.

If you can attach that cable to a card reader, you may have better luck.
    03-24-2017 06:02 PM
    Hi,

So you reckon a CF card reader to the phone will then enable a direct transfer to the wifi external hard drive?

Thank you,

Carl.
    03-27-2017 04:59 AM
    Assuming you can get the phone to use the CF card reader, I am guessing that you may need to copy the images from the CF card to your phone, then copy the images from the phone to the EHD, as two separate copy commands.

I doubt you can get the phone to copy the images from the CF card to the EHD as a single copy command.
    03-27-2017 03:21 PM
    Must admit, that's something I wanted to avoid, as I don't have a big micro SD card in the phone and don't normally need one.

But, if the CF card reader through phone direct to EHD doesn't work, that'll be the next experiment.

At this rate, it will just have been cheaper to buy additional CF cards and just keep loading them (from the camera).

Many thanks,

Carl.
    03-29-2017 11:56 AM
    There are some companies that make hard drive enclosures that have CF and SD card readers built into the enclosure, specifically targeted to photographers.
    03-29-2017 03:49 PM