Why is my s7 not charging properly after the Nougat updated???

A

AC Question

I updated Tuesday night I woke to the new update on my phone thought it was great at first... then plugged it as my battery seemed to be draining fairly quickly. I have not been able to get it up to 100% since prior to the update and in saying that from 15% would roughly take under 2hrs I have had it on charge over night every night since. The first night reached 66% in over 6hrs of charging. I have gone into setting and made sure fast charging is on, it says that it's fast charging but it's worse than a regular charger would be... I am so incredibly frustrated. I've tried soft reboot, wiping system cache, turning it off while charging. Is anyone else having this problem???

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I updated Tuesday night I woke to the new update on my phone thought it was great at first... then plugged it as my battery seemed to be draining fairly quickly. I have not been able to get it up to 100% since prior to the update and in saying that from 15% would roughly take under 2hrs I have had it on charge over night every night since. The first night reached 66% in over 6hrs of charging. I have gone into setting and made sure fast charging is on, it says that it's fast charging but it's worse than a regular charger would be... I am so incredibly frustrated. I've tried soft reboot, wiping system cache, turning it off while charging. Is anyone else having this problem???

Hey, this has happened with my wife's phone, massive drain and slow to next to no charge.
When it has happened I have Wiped the Cache Partition and it's always corrected it.

If you don't know how. Here are the steps

Turn off the device.
Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Home key, then press and hold the Power key.
When the device logo screen displays, release only the Power key.
When the Android logo displays, release all keys ('Installing system update' will show for about 30 - 60 seconds before showing the Android system recovery menu options).
Press the Volume down key several times key to highlight 'wipe cache partition'.
Press the Power key to select.
Press the Volume down key to highlight 'yes' an press the Power key to select.
When the wipe cache partition is complete, 'Reboot system now' is highlighted.
Press the Power key to restart the device.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon