For almost a year I have been storing my music on a 64GB micro SD card as my tablet (running Windows) does not have enough space, and have had no problems whatsoever. Recently I have started using the same micro SD card with my phone (Samsung Galaxy J1 Ace), and playing music off Google Play and initially noticed some music files would not play on my phone with the message "Music playback error: Couldn't play the track that you requested". This didn't make sense as they played fine on my tablet and weren't a different file type to any other music files.

In order to remedy this problem, I cleared the Google Music cache, reformatted the SD card and updated Google Music. After this I had even more problems as several files completely disappeared (although they still showed in Google Music, when I tried to play them they showed the same error as before). When I tried to replace the corrupted files and put them into the same old folders, the files would disappear. As a solution I created folders with similar names to put the files in, and replaced all the missing files. This worked initially, but then other folders started displaying the same symptoms and deleting whatever was inside them.

I would assume this is a hardware problem with the SD card, but I find it strange that this problem has only occurred after I started using it with my phone. Otherwise the only thing I can think of is a problem with Google Play, the phone itself or compatibility between the phone and the SD card (which is not a Samsung card).

Anyone have a solution or explanation?
    03-27-2017 09:01 PM
    If it's a SanDisk card, contact them at http://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/li...d%20microsdhc/ (upper-right corner of the page is live chat). Otherwise try contacting the company and see if they'll cover it under warranty. (SanDisk should still cover all 64GB cards.)
    03-27-2017 11:06 PM