As described in the title. Though I am sure my original password is correct, I have tried the Android Device Manager to reset my password, but the device kept preventing me logging in. Can anyone help on this? Thank you so much!
    03-28-2017 10:04 AM
    Welcome to the forums! I am sorry you are experiencing this issue! Have you tried any other previous passwords to see if those worked? Is all your information backed up, just in case?
    03-28-2017 10:20 AM
    Thanks, Morty2264, I tried everything but it didn't work out. Sadly, I didn't back up my information, so I don't want to do factory reset. Can you tell me other possible solutions? Any customer service number I can call for help?
    03-28-2017 10:38 AM
    Thanks, Morty2264, I tried everything but it didn't work out. Sadly, I didn't back up my information, so I don't want to do factory reset. Can you tell me other possible solutions? Any customer service number I can call for help?
    What carrier are you with, or did you buy your device unlocked? You can always go to your carrier to see what they suggest - maybe they know workarounds or specific customer service numbers to try - or you can contact Google.

I'd even go so far as to say searching for a solution on YouTube - that's how I've figured out some mobile-related issues or tricks. Just follow what they say carefully - don't do anything that may void any existing warranties if you have any.

My suggestion to you is to not try too many other times to enter in a password - your device may send you a warning saying that it will wipe itself upon entering another wrong password.

It's been a while since I've owned a Nexus (I had the 5, and loved it), but I'd definitely contact Google for assistance if you are out of options. I'm sorry I can't be of more assistance! Do you have a backup phone you can use in the meantime?
    03-28-2017 12:59 PM