Andriod Downloads Won't open any pdf / xlsm!

A

AC Question

Hi,

So i use my android phone for buisness and i cannot open ANY PDF OR XLSM FILES through the build-in "downloads" app however openeing excel or pdf viewer and going to the downloads folder i can with ease but im really annoyed that this bug can exists in 2017, maybe on windows xp but this is just pathetic i cant even click on the file it cannot open and make it open it with a specific app

i have a Sony X Performance

However sometimes downloading a pdf file from other websites the app can open them without problems

i even checked the file size, extension name if it was upper or lower case difference but nothing is different

this is really really annoying and i don't get how in 2017 i can have a problem by opening a specefic extension just because i download it from something called IBinder (ibinder.dk)......

anyone have any ideas ?

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
Sounds like the "downloads" app is designed to just download files.

Using your favorite file browsing app, select one of these files and "open" it. See if it ask you for a "use this app always" selection.

Thomas Tuck

Mar 29, 2017
Visit site
Sounds like the "downloads" app is designed to just download files.

Using your favorite file browsing app, select one of these files and "open" it. See if it ask you for a "use this app always" selection.

I use "RAR" file browser to open them or else i open adobe / excel and open them but this is very annoying that android's stock app has this problem..

if no one has a solution anyone know where to report the problem directly to the people handling android (google maybe?)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC