Cannot load credit cards on Samsung pay

A

AC Question

Both my Amex card and Visa card were working correctly on my S6 Samsung Pay account. The Amex card stopped working, with a flag appearing on the Amex card stating no wfi network, which there was. Reset the app, now Samsung Pay will not accept either cards. Downloaded the Android Pay App, accepted the Amex card.
Anyone else experienced similar problems with Samsung Pay?

ktklein

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
Since I went from the S7e to the S8 I've mot been able to load a single card and reluctantly gave up and went back to Android Pay. I've tried every suggestion I've read including a response from Samsung. The only thing I have not done is a factory reset of my phone. I'm not doing that for one app that I occasionally use especially since there is no guarantee it will fix the issue. I'll try again when a new version of SP is released and also when I move to the Note8 in the fall.

11B1P

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Since I went from the S7e to the S8 I've mot been able to load a single card and reluctantly gave up and went back to Android Pay. I've tried every suggestion I've read including a response from Samsung. The only thing I have not done is a factory reset of my phone. I'm not doing that for one app that I occasionally use especially since there is no guarantee it will fix the issue. I'll try again when a new version of SP is released and also when I move to the Note8 in the fall.

Can you go back to the S7e and remove the cards then try adding them on the S8?

ktklein

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
Can you go back to the S7e and remove the cards then try adding them on the S8?
No, when I did a TMo Jump, they did the Samsung Smart Switch then factory reset my S7e which I had to leave w them. I've tried other cards and they don't work either. I've had a case open w Samsung Pay and even they don't know why. Everything they've suggested failed to resolve the problem. Hopefully they'll find a solution. If not I'll just try again when the Note8 comes out.